Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Coffee Cups & Carolina Sunshine

 Today, I couldn't help but be thankful for living below the Mason Dixon line and the beautiful Carolina sunshine that often finds us when we least expect it here. An early morning meeting allowed me to steal away a couple minutes enjoying my cup of coffee in that wonderful sunshine.  My thoughts mostly rooted deep in work and my newest adventure of job searching made me really appreciate that simple moment I took for myself to enjoy the simple things.  Those simple things like the Carolina sunshine and my cup of coffee are some of the most basic things, but yet bring me the most joy. It's amazing to think of the power of these simple things in our lives and how they affect our outlook.   I'm not denying that I don't like nice things, but I am content without them.  Material objects to a degree are only temporary, they may change how we feel for a week or a couple months even but they too lose their effect on how we feel. The simple things like taking the time to call a family member or making an older adult smile have effects that are unfading.  These gestures and simple things add up not only to make our lives richer, but others as well. 

Look for the simple things in life!  The big the things are important, but you never know what little or simple thing may mean the most to another person!

  Go to fullsize image

2 comments:

  1. Love it!! Going to get my cup of coffee right now

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right, Jax. It's the little things that make it all worth it. Love you!

    ReplyDelete